Greenhouses are a great thing to have for anyone who loves to garden. Greenhouses provide the optimal environment for plants to grow in even when the weather outside or the climate of the area doesn’t allow for much growth in plants and produce. This means that you can enjoy caring for your tropical plants even in the winter, and also have a warm spot to garden on during February. This can be tempting for any gardener or anyone who loves growing plants.
While having a greenhouse is great for growing plants all year round, it is also a responsibility. Greenhouse design requires certain things in order to really function to create the optimal environment for your plants including heat. If the heat in your greenhouse fails to work for even a single night, you could potentially kill all of the plants inside especially when the temperature is really low outside. If you want to enjoy the advantage of a greenhouse and willing to shoulder the responsibility, there are things you should know about it.
- The size of the greenhouse – The size of your greenhouse will determine how many plants you will be able to house inside. If you are thinking about how big the greenhouse you should get, you may want to get the largest one you can, based on your budget or the available space in your area. You should note that it will cost more to expand a small greenhouse compared to getting a large greenhouse right off the bat.
- Heating the greenhouse – Heating is a very important thing to incorporate in Greenhouse Design. Proper heating helps to create the ideal environment for plants inside the greenhouse so that even when the weather outside changes and the temperature starts to drop, the temperature inside the greenhouse can be maintained and prevent the plants from suffering from any change.
- Siding of the greenhouse – The siding that you choose for the Greenhouse design will have an effect on the cost and also how well the greenhouse can perform over time. Siding can also help in insulating the greenhouse so as to prevent more energy from being used up to heat the inside of the greenhouse.
- Framing of the greenhouse – A well designed greenhouse should be able to stand up to the weather including strong winds and torrential rains. Because of this, the structure of a greenhouse needs to have strong framing in order to support the entire structure. The framing needed for a greenhouse will be determined by the siding. Greenhouses with heavier siding requires framing that is heavier and stronger as well.
- Foundation of the greenhouse – Greenhouse design doesn’t really require having a foundation made of full concrete but having a strong surface inside the greenhouse is certainly something that can improve the design. Having some concrete laid down between the benches in the greenhouse can help you get around just make sure that there is proper drainage inside so as to prevent any flooding and keep the ground dry.